Tuesday 11 April 2017

The Island Farm Donkey Sanctuary

Last week I visited the Island Farm Donkey Sanctuary.

It is a haven for rescued donkeys and a few other animals. I looked around the stables and the fields, stroked some of them and took lovely pictures.



Before leaving I decided to give a donation, so I bought this book Pollyanne: One Little Donkey's Amazing Journey from the Knacker's Yard to the West End Stage from the shop. This is the story of one of the donkeys and how she was rescued by the Sanctuary founder and manager John McLaren. To my surprise John was there and sold me the book. He even signed it for me!



The story of John and Pollyanne is wonderful. I recommend reading the book and of course visiting the Sanctuary. You can help in various ways, like adopting a donkey for £15, buying something from the shop, volunteering, and even bringing carrots and apples for the donkeys.


No comments:

Post a Comment